Adult Classes, Events and Programs
Every year, Ansche Chesed offers a wide range of classes taught by Rabbi Jeremy Kalmanofsky and others on ancient and modern texts, how to live a meaningful Jewish life, and what it means to be a Jew in the 21st century. The synagogue also hosts ongoing study and discussion groups, scholar-in-residence programs, lectures by prominent teachers and public figures, interfaith events, and special classes for families and parents.
Several programs are staples of the Ansche Chesed calendar:
- Jewish Fiction Reading Group: Executive Director Josh Hanft leads this annual series of discussions about both well-known and lesser known works of Jewish fiction, read in English and in translation.
- Lunch and Learn: A monthly, midday program of guest speakers, films, museum trips and lively discussions about engrossing topics.
- Scribblers on the Roof: Our summertime series in which Jewish authors read from their latest works.
- Shirei Chesed Community Chorus: Led by Hazzan Natasha Hirschhorn, the chorus explores the richness and diversity of Jewish music from around the globe, from liturgical pieces to Israeli songs, Hassidic niggunim to brand new compositions, sharing what it masters in performances that range from informal sing-alongs to appearances at the North American Jewish Choral Festival
- Talmud Study with Rabbi Kalmanofsky: Experienced and novice Talmud students alike are welcome at Ansche Chesed’s weekly Talmud study group.