We invite you to become involved in the richness of life at Ansche Chesed. Here are some of our committees and activities that welcome your participation. For more information about getting involved, please email us.
As a caring community, we are committed to tikkun olam, repair of the world. Some of our projects, committees, and working groups are:
- Homeless Shelter – Provides dinner, breakfast, and a safe place to sleep for ten men every night of the year.
- Bikkur Holim – Visiting the sick
- Hevra Kadisha – Preparation for burial
- Hevrat Menahem Aveilim – Comforting mourners
- Habitat for Humanity
- ACT Foundation - AC's bar and bat mitzvah tzedakah project
- Blood Drives
- Tuv Ha’aretz – Community Supported Agriculture Project in cooperation with Hazon, a Jewish environmental organization.
- Employment Networking Group
- Room to Grow Children’s Clothing & Book Drive – For children in city shelters.
- Food Drives – In cooperation with the West Side Campaign Against Hunger and Dorot.
- Purim Tzedakah – Israel and Social Action tzedakah collections
Committees and Working Groups:
For further information please e-mail Ansche Chesed.