What We Believe
We are Ansche Chesed, people of kindness. We dedicate our community to study that stretches the mind, ritual that moves the heart and caring deeds that improve the world.
- Chesed: As ansche chesed, people of kindness, we are committed to doing acts of loving kindness for one another and for the larger community.
- Collaboration: We thrive through collective decision-making.
- Community: We welcome newcomers, see value in our differences and foster connections among our members.
- Inclusivity: We embrace diverse styles of observance.
- Knowledge: We seek to deepen our understanding of Jewish texts.
- Respect: We foster a culture of openness, trust and kindness.
- Responsibility: We pursue action that helps repair the world.
- Tradition: We believe in a Judaism that adheres to its rituals because they connect us to our roots and to each other.
As Conservative Jews, we create a vibrant religious life by standing with one foot rooted in the past and the other pointed toward the future. We are both loyal to the path we inherit from our ancestors and optimistic about how ancient sacred ways can evolve to meet an ever-changing world. Through our shared Jewish norms, values and practices, we reach from earth toward heaven, aspiring to infuse our world with divine spirit.