The History and Revival of Jewish Life and Culture in Warsaw and Kraków
From June 25—July 2 2017, join Ansche Chesed on a journey of learning, culture, and commemoration. For 1000 years, Poland was the heartland of European Jewish life and culture. Rabbinic Judaism, Yiddish and Hebrew literature, secular Jewish political parties, and other forms of a vital, diverse Jewish culture flourished in Poland until the Holocaust. Now, 28 years after the fall of Communism, come and witness the current Jewish Revival.
- Study with Rabbi Jeremy Kalmanofsky and Dr. Nancy Sinkoff
- Enjoy the Annual Jewish Culture Festival in Kraków
- Tour the new POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews
- Share a Shabbat dinner hosted by the Kraków JCC
- Commemorate at Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Engage in genealogy sessions
- Meet with leaders of the Polish Jewish community, including the Chief Rabbi and Executive Director of the Kraków JCC
- Encounter the works of great writers and thinkers that helped to mold Ashkenazic Jewish culture
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Download and complete our registration form
Articles of Interest
36 Hours in Warsaw – The New York Times
The Curator of Joy and Ashes – Tablet
Please send a $500 refundable deposit to Ansche Chesed (251 West 100th Street, New York, NY 10025) or eMail email@example.com with any questions.