- This event has passed.
Annual Midnight Run
Sun, October 29, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Join Ansche Chesed members in collecting, sorting, and distributing food, clothing, and toiletries to homeless New Yorkers. You can learn more about the organization at www.midnightrun.org.
How can I make a difference ahead of the run?
1. Donate gently used clothing and toiletries (from 10/13 – 10/29) in the lobby
2. Donate money to buy food, underwear and toiletries – donations should be made out to Ansche Chesed with a note that it’s for the Midnight Run
How can I make a difference the day of the run – Sunday 10/29?
1. Come for an hour or longer between 1- 7 to help sort and pack clothes, make sandwiches or make toiletries bags (all ages welcome)
2. Participate on the run – and bring your car if you have one (high schoolers and older welcome)
How do I sign up to help?
Email email@example.com with:
1. Your name and cellphone
2. What hour(s) you will be coming to volunteer during the day (drop ins are also welcome but it really helps to have an idea of how many people are coming and when)
3. If you want to join the Midnight Run
4. If you have a car that can also join the run – and what kind (we will be going to multiple locations and need cars for transporting people and goods)
What kind of donations are you looking for?
1. Clothing for men and women: pants, shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, light and winter jackets, hats, shoes/sneakers, belts, backpacks, sleeping bags: in good condition. Please put men’s clothes, women’s clothes and other items in separate bags to help with sorting later.
2. Large plastic bags, shopping bags that people can use to put the clothes in
3. Sample size toiletries for men and women
4. Money to buy food, toiletries, and underwear/socks